Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Quickie Doodle

I don't know about you, but if I never have to schedule another meeting via e-mail again, I'd be one happy camper. You know the routine: someone sends out a meeting request, someone replies with the one hour they have available in the next six months, someone else responds with a question and no time suggestions, and you end up spending way more time than is reasonable trying to herd the cats.

But one fine day, I got an e-mail from someone asking me to take part in a Doodle poll. Wow! The simplicity of it! The ease of use! With one click, I found myself on a website with days and times, and a place just for me. All I had to do was type in my name and click on my available times, and that was it. I could see who else had been there and what times they were available. So easy, and so wonderfully time-saving. And even better, you don't need to log in to use it.

Created by Michael
Näf at the University of Zurich, this cool tool also works well for potlucks, gathering opinions about what movie to see, and anything else that might take a whirlwind of e-mails and cause a whole lotta' frustration.

So, are we still on for tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.?

1 comment:

Karen G. Anderson said...

How did I miss Doodle? Thanks for the tip, Joanne, this is brilliant!